FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
The ORC is currently accepting job applications for the following full time position:
Position: Recreation Supervisor III
Classification: Non-Exempt, Level 4
Reports to: Recreation Manager
Develop and implement fitness and wellness programs (adult and youth), pre-K and senior programs, and special events. Provide support for aquatics and youth sports leagues as directed by Recreation Manager or Executive Director. Coordinate and schedule seasonal and contractual staff for your programs. Serve as on-site supervisor at your programs, or as directed by the Recreation Manager. Establish positive community relations. Estimated time breakdown: 15% on-site program supervision, 15% office, 35% coordinating fitness programs, 10% coordinating pre-k programs, 10% coordinating senior programs, 10% special events and 5% marketing activities.
The ideal candidate has experience implementing, conducting, and instructing fitness programs, coordinating special events and working with specific age groups. They have patience, a positive attitude, excellent customer service and positive communication skills. They show time management, multi-tasking and problem solving skills. They can execute ideas from start to finish. They work well within a team of professionals.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of fitness trends is necessary for this position. Working knowledge of general fitness, strength and conditioning, personal training, fitness assessment, Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, nutrition, and rehabilitation. Basic knowledge in the operation and maintenance of weight training equipment, cardio machines, fitness equipment, and audio equipment. Candidate must be willing to instruct classes at the ORC during the day and evening hours.
This position requires a motivated individual who can work independently with limited direction. This position requires the ability to plan and prioritize responsibilities. This position demands a flexible schedule due to frequent evening and weekend work requirements. Expect occasional responsibilities of opening and closing recreation facilities. Expect lifting up to 50 pounds and other duties as assigned by the Recreation Manager or Executive Director. There is a six month probationary period.
- Support aquatic programs and operations if requested by Recreation Manager
- Fitness and Wellness
- Researches, recommends, develops, plans, organizes implements and evaluates fitness and wellness programs
- Design, schedule, staff, and evaluate exercise classes to ensure a well-balanced, accessible, and budget conscious schedule
- Instruct classes including Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, etc.
- Conduct personal training and fitness consultations.
- Hire, train, certify, schedule, monitor, and evaluate instructors
- Evaluate all programs at conclusion of each program
- Coordinate program marketing in conjunction with ORC marketing strategy
- Coordinate office work in conjunction with ORC procedures
- Assist in daily office operations as directed by the Recreation Manager
- Pre-K (ages 2-5)
- Researches, recommends, develops, plans, organizes, implements and evaluates Pre-K sports and programs
- Recruits, hires, trains, and evaluates seasonal staff as needed for Pre-K programs
- Teaches Pre-K level classes and coordinates events
- Evaluates all programs at the conclusion of the program
- Seniors (ages 55+)
- Researches, recommends, develops, plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates senior programs with support from Recreation Supervisor II
- Special Events
- Researches, recommends, develops, plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates special events and programs with support from Recreation Supervisor II
- Selects, trains, and organizes volunteers for special events
- Oversees development of special event agreements
- Evaluates all programs at the conclusion of each event
- Support Recreation Supervisor I with adult and youth sports on an as needed basis or as directed by the Recreation Manager
- Community Relations
- Attend meetings of the Franklin County Children Coalition as one of two ORC representatives
- Assists local agencies in events outside of ORC purview
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Sport Management, Park and Recreation Administration or a related field.
Experience: 0-3 years experience directly involved with recreation programming, fitness, special events or working with specific age groups. Parks and Recreation, campus recreation, intercollegiate athletic, YMCA, or sport association experience is desirable. Graduate assistantship, internship, part-time and volunteer experience may be counted.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license within first 3 months
- CPR, AED, and First Aid within 6 months
- Must be willing to obtain nationally recognized fitness instructor certifications as needed to teach fitness classes and personal training at the ORC
- Must be willing to obtain national recognized aquatic certifications as needed
Residency: Must reside in Franklin County within 6 months of start date.
Salary Information: $12.98-$19.38 (Hourly)-DOQ
Closing Date: December 21, 2019 or Until Filled
For more information contact Chad Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org
PART TIME/SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT
The ORC is currently accepting job applications for the following part-time & seasonal positions:
- Youth Basketball Referees
- Adult Basketball Referees
- Adult Volleyball Referees
- Zumba/Dance Cardio Instructor
To apply for full-time, part-time or seasonal positions, download a copy of our application below.
Mail: ORC, 705 W. 15th St., Ottawa, KS, 66067
Fax: (785) 242-6634
By hand: Goppert Building (located at 705 W. 15th Street)
CLICK HERE to download a paper copy.